- When do I sign a contract?
- A contract is generated and signed when you would like to formally reserve your event date. Details and particulars will continue to be updated and modified throughout the event planning process, but only a signed contract will reserve your chosen date.
Please Note: summer, holiday and weekend dates book quickly.
- Would it not be easier to pick a package with a set cost per guest?
- While pre-set packages with all-inclusive costs per guest may be easier for budgetary purposes, Elephants prefers to customize each event we cater. Every client deserves input on their menu and guest experience. No two events are ever the same, and we thrive on helping you create an event that is uniquely yours.
- Customizing your event also makes it easier for you to see where your money is being spent and target the truly important budgetary choices. Simply put, without pre-set packages, we can stretch your budget farther and put you in control of your guests’ experience.
- Do you offer menu tastings, and if so, when is the ideal time to schedule one?
- We offer complimentary tastings for up to two individuals with a signed contract and deposit. They are conducted at our catering offices in Southeast Portland and are by appointment only. Additional guests may be accommodated, given advance notice, for $10 per person.
- All tastings are limited to your proposed menu only, with the option of one additional menu item if requested in advance.
- As our menus are updated to take advantage of seasonally and locally available ingredients, we recommend selecting a day close (30-45 days before) to your event, to increase the likelihood that particular menu items will be available.
Please Note: All menu tasting items are subject to seasonal availability. If a menu item is not available, we will make every effort to substitute a similar or suggested alternate item.
- Do you provide linens, décor, and flowers?
- We carry a simple and stylish line of in-house linens for basic event needs, and routinely coordinate the rental of specialty and custom linens. We also offer complimentary use of in-house flower arrangements for guest tables, or we can arrange for delivery of florals of your choice.
- When do you need my final guest count?
- Your final guest count – not subject to reduction – is due three business days prior to your event. Any increases in guest count beyond this date may incur additional charges, as menu ingredients are ordered specifically for your event.