- What is the capacity of the venue?
Standard capacity is approximately 275 seated guests, or 800 standing.
- Is there a food and beverage minimum?
There is a $3,000 food and beverage minimum for events on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. All charges apply toward the purchase minimum except cash bar sales and a 20% service charge on food and beverage selections.
- What are the rental rates for The Atrium?
Monday-Thursday: Starting at $3,000
The Atrium is available for evening events Monday through Friday. The Atrium is available from 5:30 pm to 11:00 pm for events on Monday-Thursday.
Friday-Sunday: Starting At $3,800
The Atrium is available from 7:00 am to 11:00 pm for events on Saturday and Sunday.
Please note: There is a retail space at Montgomery Park, accessible by the Atrium, that is open until 9pm, seven days a week.
- What else is included in my rental fee?
Your rental fee includes a full complement of tables and chairs.
- Do you offer a rental discount for non-profit organizations?
We offer a discounted venue rental for non-profits. Elephants Catering & Events also offers a 10% discount off food and beverage for non-profit organizations. Please call or email us for details.
- What is the cost per-guest?
The total event cost will depend on food and beverage selection, length of occupation, and attendance. Please feel free to contact our venue coordinator for a custom quote.
- Can I bring in food from another caterer?
Elephants Catering & Events is the exclusive caterer for The Atrium. However, we are more than happy to work with you if you’d like to serve a special dish or two that Elephants Catering & Events cannot duplicate.
Depending on the event, we will allow one or two additional dishes from another licensed caterer or restaurant. We are always happy to take a look at the recipe, too! Our Executive Chef and team of talented chefs and bakers have expertise cooking a variety of cuisines.
- How are your menus served?
From stationary buffets to formal plated dinners, we are able to accommodate any combination of service for your event!
- Our Full-Service Menu is the primary menu for catered dinners, events, luncheons, and weddings. This menu is designed with a more elegant setting in mind, and contains pre-selected choices appropriate for virtually any occasion. This menu incorporates complete on-site chef preparation of your meal, specialty décor setup, and professional servers and bartenders.
- Our Standard Catering Menu is designed for smaller-scale events as well as corporate and personal catering delivery. This à la carte style menu gives you the freedom to completely design your event from the ground up.
Please inquire with your event planner to receive the current full service or standard catering menu and note that any prices listed do not include service staff or on-site chef costs. These can vary greatly depending on the scope of your event.
- What about beverages?
Our beverage options feature local and regional selections. Hosted and non-hosted arrangements available.
- What about staffing?
Staffing is billed by the hour at $30-$40 per hour/per person. Staffing costs can vary greatly depending on the scope of your event.
All events in The Atrium with over 100 guests require an onsite Elephants Catering & Events event manager. All events in the Atrium also require a minimum of one staff member in attendance, arriving for set-up approximately two hours prior to the scheduled event and remaining one hour past event closing for clean-up.
If you are planning a full-service catering event, your event will also require service staff (servers, bartenders, etc.) or on-site chef costs.
- Are there any additional charges or fees?
A 20% service charge is added to all food and beverage selections.
Montgomery Park requires both a security and janitorial fee. The hourly rate is $25 (janitorial) and $35 (security). Security and janitorial minimums vary per event.
Events with over 500 people require a fire permit.
- What is the décor of the room?
The Atrium’s urban interior features marble floors and a nine-story glass ceiling, complemented by a panoramic view of Forest Park. Montgomery Park was built in 1920 and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. While the space is chic and modern, it also features art and design details that echo the art deco design movement of the 1920s.
- What about table arrangements?
Many table configurations are possible to maximize use of the space. We are available to create a custom table set to accommodate your event needs.
- Does the venue include tables and chairs?
Yes! We have tables and chairs that can be used at no charge.
- Do you have any audio-visual equipment?
Some audio-visual equipment is included with your venue rental. If you need additional equipment, we have a list of preferred providers available upon request.
- What about parking?
There is a large parking lot available during the weekends and after 5pm on weekdays.
- What is necessary to book the room?
A signed contract and security deposit in the amount of 50% of the applicable purchase minimum is required to secure your reservation. Please call today for availability!
- What is your cancellation policy?
We evaluate cancellation requests and deposit returns on a case-by-case basis—depending on how much advance notice we have been given, etc.