- What is the capacity of the room?
The Corbett Room features 1740 square feet of seating space to fit 100 seated, 150 standing.
- Is there a room rental fee?
There is a $300 venue fee in addition to reaching the applicable purchase minimum listed below. The venue fee qualifies toward the minimum. Any cash bar sales or the 21% service charge applied to the food and beverages do not apply to the minimum.
- $1250 minimum purchase requirement Sunday through Thursday (any time of day) and Friday and Saturday if the event ends by 4:00pm.
- $2000 minimum purchase requirement Friday and Saturday evenings, beginning at 4:00pm or later.
- $3500 minimum purchase requirement for Friday and Saturday evenings beginning at 4:00pm or later from Thanksgiving to December.
All charges apply toward the purchase minimum except cash bar sales and a 21% service charge on food and beverage selections. This includes food, hosted beverages, hourly labor, equipment rentals, and venue fee.
The total event cost will vary depending on your room arrangements.
- Can we tour the room?
When not booked for a private event, the Corbett Room is open to the public for seating from the adjacent Elephants on Corbett restaurant. You are welcome to drop in during normal business hours to check out the space. No appointment necessary, just head on in!
If stopping in at your convenience, we recommend that you call ahead within 48 hours of coming by to make sure that it is not booked with an event, in which case the venue space would not be available for viewing.
If you would like to set up a socially distanced site tour with someone from our venues team, please call 503.937.1062 to make an appointment.
- What is the per guest cost?
The total event cost will depend on food and beverage selection, length of occupation, and attendance. Please feel free to contact us for a custom quote.
- Am I able to create my own menu?
Of course! Let us know your favorite Elephants dishes and we will create a custom menu and estimate for you.
- How are your menus served?
From stationary buffets to formal plated dinners, we are able to accommodate any combination of service for your event!
COVID UPDATE: Buffet meals or other self-serve items (beverages, desserts, etc.) are not currently allowed under current OHA regulations.
- What about beverages?
All alcohol must be purchased through Elephants and served by an Elephants staff member.
Elephants is a fully OLCC licensed provider of beer, wine and spirits, and will happily provide and serve at your event. Our bartenders maintain a full selection of wine, beer, and cocktails (from old classics to custom creations). We are also proud to offer a selection of “preferred cocktails.” This is a rotating roster of revived classics and brand-new creations!
- What about staffing?
Staffing is billed by the hour at $30 per hour/per person. All events in the Corbett Room require a minimum of one staff member in attendance arriving for set-up approximately two-three hours prior to scheduled event start and remaining one hour past event closing for clean-up.
Due to the unique nature of our facility, all events require an on-site chef to prepare meals, billed at $35 per hour.
For events that extend past retail hours, please add $40 per hour for security.
- Are there any additional charges or fees?
A 21% service charge is added to all food and beverage selections. Additional labor charges apply to events that extend past store closing and for events requesting alcohol service. Charges for china, flatware, linens, and flowers depend on the needs of your event.
- What is the décor of the room?
The Corbett Room boasts beautiful wood divider doors, two Juliet balconies and a seasonal patio featuring outside seating. The space’s table and Chavari chairs are complimentary.
We are happy to arrange rental for formal service ware, glassware, utensils, linens, and napkins. These items will also apply to the purchase minimum.
Custom colors and fabrics are available with addition rental costs—please inquire for available options. We work with the best in the event rental field, and can procure almost any style of furniture and décor.
- What about table arrangements?
Many table configurations are possible to maximize use of the space. We are available to create a custom table set to accommodate your event needs.
Currently, all attendees are required to wear a mask and be seated while eating and drinking . A six-foot of distance must be maintained between those who are not in the same household/family unit.
The Corbett Room has designated separate doors for entering and exiting the building from the north parking lot entrance.
We clean and sanitize bathrooms and other high-touch points every hour. Learn more about what we’re doing to ensure the safety of our team, our customers, and our community.
- Is there music and AV-equipment in the room?
Yes! We have both WiFi and house music available. If you prefer to bring your own music, we have an auxiliary speaker system.
There is a full list of Audio-Visual Equipment to choose from, and we also have relationships with vendor partners that can supply a fully staffed A/V setup.
- What about parking?
We have an ADA compliant parking lot shared with our retail store that has 15 parking spaces. In addition to metered and non-metered street parking, we are accessible via transit on TriMet bus line 35 Macadam/Greeley. Carpooling is strongly encouraged!
- What are your contract terms?
- To reserve your date with our venue team, provide a signed contract and a $250 (nonrefundable) retainer. Menu and event details can continue to change throughout the event planning process. Please note that summer, holiday, and weekend event dates book early, so a signed contract is best completed well in advance.
- To postpone your Venue contract, please provide written notice at least 90 days in advance. We can transfer your retainer fee to a new date within one year of your original event date. For example, if your event was June 1st, 2021, then your new date can be anywhere between 6/1/21 and 6/1/22).
- Your final guest count – not subject to reduction – is due ten (10) business days before your event. Any increase in guest count beyond this date may incur extra charges, as we order ingredients for your event.
- We offer a 10% discount off food and beverages to non-profit and B-Corp Certified customers.
- Do you have any photos of the space?
We do! Check out our virtual tour and photo gallery!