Celebrate Bastille Day the Elephants Way
Bastille Day, or Fête Nationale, marks the beginning of the French Revolution. This holiday, often thought of as the French Fourth of July, commemorates the day the Parisian populace stormed the Bastille prison fortress on July 14, 1789. Celebrate with these deliciously Parisian treats.
- Enjoy 15% off all French wines July 13th, 14th and 15th at our NW 22nd, Elephants on Corbett and Flying Elephants at Fox Tower locations. Many French wine regions can trace their vineyards back to the 6th century BC. Stock up on some of our favorite varietals like Beaujolais, Bordeaux and Burgundy to enjoy on our patio! How do you say “no corkage fee” in French?
- Manger a Say Oui cheese and charcuterie board featuring Brie di Nangis, Comte and Sons’ cabernet salami, and dried black mission figs. The perfect pairing for any French wine.
- Pretend the Willamette is the Seine river and enjoy a picnic lunch on the waterfront. Nothing is more Parisian than a hunk of cheese and a house-made baguette.
- The croque monsieur is France’s gift to the breakfast sandwich. We recommend adding an egg to make that monsieur a madame! But, you can get both versions at all of our locations.
- Need a hearty lunch? Grab the classic jambon et fromage sandwich. We’ve been serving this simple French sandwich for decades.
- Finally, no Joyeux Noël celebration would be complete without some dainty macarons, pronounced (mah-kah-ROHN) to mark the occasion. Did you know this très French dessert was actually introduced by the chef to Catherine de Medici in 1533? Making the macaron’s origin Italian.
Some may call it Bastille Day, others La Fête Nationale or Le Quatorze Juillet, but we call it a reason to celebrate with friends, family and gourmet treats.
Come in and check out all our French specials!